KANEKO Hitoshi, Ph.D.
» Kaneko Lab (Japanese)
Dr. Kaneko is a clinical psychologist who completed his doctoral studies at Nagoya University in 2002. His research interests include the mental health problems of postnatal mothers and emotional bonding of mothers to their infant. He started a cross-cultural study about mental health problems in early adolescents, especially focusing on Internet addiction, cyberbullying, and self-harm behavior. He is a member of the Brain and Mind Research Center at Nagoya University, where he examines cognitive function using brain imaging method to assess hemodynamic response during psychological testing. He has conducted new research on mother–infant interaction using near-infrared spectroscopy.
- Hamada, S., Kaneko, H., Ogura, M., Yamawaki, A., Maezono, J., Sillanmäki, L., Sourander, A., & Honjo, S. (2016). Association Between Bullying Behavior, School Safety, and Self-Cutting: A Japanese Population-Based School Survey. Child and Adolescent Mental Health, doi:10.1111/camh.12200
- Sourander A, Chudal R, Skokauskas N, Al-Ansari AM, Klomek AB, Pornnoppadol C, Kolaitis G, Maezono J, Steinhausen HC, Slobodskaya H, Kaneko H, Regmee J, Li L,Nguyen MH, Grimland M, Osokina O, Ong SH, Praharaj SK, Lesinskienė S, Fossum S,Wiguna T, Makasheva VA, & Lehti V. (2018). Unmet needs of child and adolescent psychiatrists among Asian and European countries: does the Human Development Index (HDI) count? European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 27, 5-8.
- Hirota, T., Guerrero, A., Sartorius, N., Fung, D., Leventhal, B., Ong, S. H., Kaneko, H., Kim, B., Cho, S.-C., Skokauskas, N. & Consortium on Academic Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in the Far East (CACAP FE) (2015). Child and adolescent psychiatry in the Far East. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences. 69, 171–177.
- Kaneko, H., & Honjo, S. (2014). The Psychometric Properties and Factor Structure of the Postpartum Bonding Questionnaire in Japanese Mothers. Psychology, 5, 1135–1142.
- Yoshikawa, T., Kaneko, H., & Nomura, K. (2014). Child Welfare in Japan: Children's Care Homes and Mental Health. Adolescent Psychiatry, 4, 233–241.
- Kaneko, H., Yoshikawa, T., Nomura, K., Ito, H., Yamauchi, H., Ogura, M., & Honjo, S. (2011). Hemodynamic changes in the prefrontal cortex activation during digit span test: A near–infrared spectroscopy study. Neuropsychobiology, 63, 59–65.
- Ito, H., Yamauchi, H., Kaneko, H., Yoshikawa, T., Nomura, K., & Honjo, S. (2011). Prefrontal overactivation, autonomic arousal, and task performance under evaluative pressure: A near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) study. Psychophysiology, 48, 1563–1571.